Share | 

QF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heather1980

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: QF   Wed 18 Jun - 7:57

Anybody know if Ricardo will be in the starting line-up for the quarter-finals? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElNino

Female Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: QF   Wed 18 Jun - 9:08

Hmm, I don't think he will.
Unless someone gets injured Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*Chica De Ricardo*

Female Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2007-09-28

PostSubject: Re: QF   Thu 19 Jun - 1:40

Scolari sticks with winning team
June 18, 2008

Portugal will revert to the line-up that beat Turkey and the Czech Republic in their first two matches at Euro 2008 for Wednesday's quarter-final against Germany, coach Luiz Felipe Scolari revealed on the eve of the match.

Scolari made eight changes for the final group game against Switzerland, which his already-qualified side lost 2-0.

But none of the fringe players who came in for that match made sufficient impact to break into the first-choice XI.

Asked if he had considered changes for the German match, Scolari said: “I could, but I'm not going to change anything. In principle it will be the same team.”

Scolari's decision means Nuno Gomes will lead the attack with Cristiano Ronaldo and Simao operating either side of him, with back-up wingers Nani and Ricardo Quaresma on the bench.

Armando Petit and Joao Moutinho will anchor the midfield with Deco in the playmaker role while Jose Bosingwa, Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe and Paulo Ferreira make up the back four in front of goalkeeper Ricardo.

In a bullish display at his pre-match press conference, Scolari, who is due to take over as manager of Chelsea on July 1, said he had confidence in the abilility of his players to overcome the Germans.

“I don't expect it to be my last game with Portugal,” he said. “Everything we have done is with one objective (to get to the final).”

Portugal team for quarter-final v Germany

Portugal: Ricardo; Jose Bosingwa, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira; Armando Petit, Joao Moutinho, Deco; Cristiano Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes, Simao

http://www.soccernews.com/scolari-sticks-with-winning-team/3385/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ricardoquaresma.virtuaboard.com/
Heather1980

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: QF   Thu 19 Jun - 7:39

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QF